Posted by zheen | Posted in Picnic-Desserts | Posted on 03-06-2011
A picnic without a cake is like having dinner without having tea after, like something is missing and the meal is incomplete!
Just like what Andre Simon said, “Food without wine is a corpse; wine without food is a ghost; united and well matched they are as body and soul, living partners.” Undeniably! But we are not saying that it is a must-have. We are not saying either that we cannot live without a piece of sweets, but the more you can’t have what you want, the more the need lingers into your senses. So why deprive yourself from the satisfaction when you can just make it? And indulge while you can have it!
Everyone has his own sweet tooth. A majority of us loves even just the idea of having a saccharine treat on our plates by just imagining that mouth-watering decadence! Much more when those ideas proceed to deed, when in fact you can actually taste it, feel it, smell it and savor every bite it can offer. So here is a picnic recipe that is full of yumminess and there’s no doubt, it’ll also bring happiness!
Let’s face it. “A nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a number of people. It does for me”, says the legendary Audrey Hepburn — and of course, so it does for us! But wait for it; this is not just the creamy chocolate cake Audrey Hepburn mentioned. This is a chocolate chip Bundt cake with white chocolate glaze! It’s like a cake made only for the Mayan Goddess Ixcacao; very classy! But the best part is? You can make it at home. Easy and conventional! It looks yummy and now it’s your turn to judge.
So here are the ingredients:
* 1 package chocolate cake mix
* 1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup water
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup chocolate chips
* White Chocolate Glaze
* 1 cup white chocolate chips
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* 2 tablespoons of milk
In making the cake:
1. It is very important to gather all the materials and ingredients first. The more it is complete, the more you can save time in making it.
2. It is better to pre-heat the oven first to 350 degrees. By that your cake will be baked in the exact time.
3. After mixing the ingredients for the chocolate cake., you need to grease and flour the Bundt pan.
4. After which, in the mixing bowl, blend together the cake mix, the pudding mix, eggs, water and oil. All in one! Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed up until you will see them thoroughly mixed together.
5. Beat together butter and sugar until smooth and well blended. Add eggs one at a time blending well after each. Then you also have to add the vanilla.
6. Then add the chocolate chips and stir by hand until combined.
7. Pour into the prepared pan.
8. Put it in the oven and bake for about 55 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let it cool for 15 minutes then remove from pan.
Voila! You already have your nice chocolate cake. But before you get too excited, we still have to make our white chocolate glaze, so the following are the steps on how to make it:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, all you have to do is add the white chocolate chips, the vanilla and milk. All together.
2. Put it in a microwave. Microwave it for about 2 to 3 minutes or until chips begin to melt.
3. Then, you have to remove and stir it until blended.
4. After which, if it’s not the texture you like, add a little more milk. It would actually depend on how you view it, if it’s already perfect for you or not!
The final thing you need to do is to drizzle the glaze over the cake. Now, you have your perfect chocolate chip Bundt cake with white chocolate glaze! Such a classy but yummy and delicious treat for the whole family to enjoy.
From the words of Wolfgang, “If life is a cake, then shouldn’t it require frequent parties to share it. Celebrate! So all you have to do now is celebrate! And shanti for the wellness!
A perfect picnic recipe for you and your family!
Note: This is 60 minutes to make and you can top your chocolate chip Bundt cake also with any fruits to it!
You are welcome to read: