On hot summer days, we all want to get out of our house, get the fresh air that is found in the mountains or leave all of our concerns there. Whatever the place we decide to go, we also need to satisfy our culinary tastes.
Here’s another recipe for those picnic days! When the entire family starts asking for food on your picnic day, it is necessary to be prepared with delicious food that satisfies their hunger and taste.
The mini pizzas are an easy and delicious choice for everyone. We often avoid making pizzas because of the work that is involved in the entire process, but nowadays, there are more resources to make them quickly. You can buy small tortillas made of wheat and just add the other ingredients.
The rest of the ingredients in this recipe are easy to get and are not very expensive, you can find them in any supermarket. This makes it easier to enlarge this recipe if you have a large family or many friends.
This recipe was created thinking about making the work of the day before the picnic easier for you. It will allow you to enjoy some delicious snacks, but at the same time you will not miss the fun and excitement of your day.
During these days, the most important thing must be to enjoy quality time with your friends; therefore, do not carry extra food when you can simplify everything with these mini pizzas.
You can accompany these mini pizzas with other snacks, bacon strips, fries or simply with delicious lemonade.
Why choose this recipe
There are many recipes that you can try to impress everyone, but many of them require from you a lot of time to prepare, others require many expensive and not so common ingredients that make it difficult and expensive to get.
For these and other reasons, we give you some basic grounds to convince yourself that you should choose this recipe:
First, you will save time when preparing.
Second, all your guests will be satisfied after trying them … and wanting more!
Third, they are according to your budget, practical and affordable.
Do not be just with the desire to try making them … make them! It does not matter if your trip is to a sunny day at the beach or to a frozen mountain, these snacks will make you enjoy even more your picnic and your adventures will become unforgettable!
#2 Hawaiian Mini-Pizzas
Servings: 4 persons
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Ready in: 30 minutes
• 12 small pita bread
• 5 ounces of ham
• 1 onion
• 1 green bell pepper
• 1 slice of pineapple
• ½ pound mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup pizza sauce
• 4 marjoram leaves
• 1 celery stalk
• Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Cut the ham into small triangles.
3. Cut the onion and green bell pepper into slices.
4. Cut the pineapple into small squares.
5. Grate mozzarella cheese.
6. Chop the marjoram and celery.
7. Take each pita bread and place a layer of pizza sauce.
8. Spread it until it covers the pita bread.
9. Put some grated cheese over it.
10. Top with some chopped ham.
11. Add onion, green pepper and diced pineapple.
12. Put some chopped marjoram and celery.
13. Sprinkle pepper to taste on mini pizzas.
14. Put the mini pizzas on a paper-lined baking dish.
15. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
16. Put on top of the mini pizzas a few peppermint leaves.
17. You can add grated cheese on top when served.
How to make Pita Bread
• 4 cups of Flour
• 3 tbsp. salt
• 1 butter bar
• 1 ½ cup of water
• 1 tsp. yeast
Method of Preparation:
1. In a large bowl mix the flour, butter bar and salt.
2. In a small bowl mix the water and yeast.
3. Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
4. Knead into a soft and sturdy dough.
5. Cover the bowl and let repose for 45 minutes at room temperature.
6. Form dough into about 9 balls.
7. Roll out the balls to 1/2 inch thickness.
8. Place on a paper-lined baking mold and brush with water.
9. Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F for 15 minutes or until tester comes out clean.